Our books are open for a limited period.
We currently seek applications from the following ONLY:
Male and female BAME actors of all ages.
Male actors and male graduates under the age of 30.
DEADLINE 9th September 2017.
We are a partnership of actor/agents. Being a partner at North of Watford requires a high level of commitment. Please read the PARTNERSHIP REQUIREMENTS below before applying.
1. We operate using a ‘co-operative’ style business structure. When not working in the industry and paying commission, all partners are required to staff our Hebden Bridge northern office in West Yorkshire for 3.5 full days each month. Our office hours are 10am – 6pm.
2. All successful applicants will be asked to complete a probationary period of 15 full staffing days and attend at least 3 meetings per year, including our AGM. Full partnership is then subject to a vote.
3. Office skills are essential but each new partner will be assigned Mentors to guide & accompany them throughout the probationary period.
4. All our partners must be professionally trained and/or experienced.
5. All our partners must be members of The Spotlight www.spotlight.com.
6. All partners are required to become members of Equity www.equity.org.uk or to have valid Personal, Public and Professional Liability insurance, legal support and third party insurance (to the same level as Equity).
7. Upon offer of full partnership, provisional partners will be asked to contribute towards their set up within the agency: £50 for inclusion on the website and £10 returnable deposit for door fob. This is in accordance with the Guidance on the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 (Regulation 26).
We believe our strength lies in our knowledge of each other. We are passionate about training and team building.
If your application is successful, you will be invited to an interview/audition, held throughout the year at our Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire office.
You will be asked to:
1) Perform two contrasting pieces (maximum two minutes each)
2) Sight read (we will provide this)
3) (OPTIONAL, HIGH STANDARD ONLY) sing and/or play an unaccompanied song (maximum two minutes each)
4) Have an informal chat
An offer of a probationary contract will be determined by vote and all interviewees will be contacted with our decision via email or telephone.
NO EMAIL APPLICATIONS. POSTAL APPLICATIONS ONLY. Please send an ORIGINAL 10″ x 8″ headshot, full CV and covering letter (stating why you wish to apply) to:
The New Apps Managers
North of Watford
The Creative Quarter
The Town Hall
St George’s Street
We receive a large volume of applications and cannot reply to everyone. If we wish to see you, WE will contact YOU.
Please note: we do not represent supporting artists or children. Previous applicants need not reapply.
We look forward to hearing from you
North of Watford Actors Limited